Friday, May 11, 2007

Playing With The GIMP
(Playing With The GNU Image Manipulation Program)

So I got home from work today and started to mess with some images in GIMP. For those of you who are not familiar with it the program is like Photoshop, but made by the open source community and distributed for free. I thought that I would put some of the images up and see what you think of the different manipulations. The first one is the image without any manipulation. The rest of them were just manipulated with the Curves tool. All of the manipulations are fairly simple; it is just moving the tool around a bit. Let me know what you think of the pictures.

If your computer can handle bigger files scroll down to the large images.


Medium Images



Large Images

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

That's cool....the sky goes from vanilla to an awesome purple sunset! How's the UI with Gimp? Is it hard to use, or fairly simple?

2:13 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Wow that's amazing! I want to learn more about editing photos so you'll have to show me:)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

By they way the movie from your other post is halarious! And the scenery is so beautiful.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Laurissa said...

The pictures remind me of when I was in France, visiting Mt. Saint. Michael, an old monastery that is surrounded by water when the tide is in. You could buy postcards of it and they had the most fantastic sunsets in them, but they looked fake, just too many colors to be true. But your manipulations look pretty good.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Katherine Wallin said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love all the different contrasting colors against the firs and pines.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home